Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One Hundred and Thirteenth Entry

There's a baby whale in Gowanus!!!!!!! CUTE!!!! I need to go get my little baby harpoon!

Here's my poem:

DOLLAR

It seems as if you'll get away
with my diamonds. I've stood
in court and spoken a little too quietly,
as if Ed Begley knew these people,
standing in a row with diamonds
dissolving in their beer, looking cool.
I'm not sure of the forecast,
but I won't panic if rain ruins my life,
because it's just one life, and certain books
tell me I'll live a couple of times more
or somewhere else and that works
for me, bullshit though it may be,
I've agreed to much worse bullshit in the past.

3 comments:

Nathan Austin said...

I keep meaning to ask about comma splices...

steve roberts said...

Don't. My students are rubbing off on me. But they're mostly intentional. Basically every poet I know thinks they're a bad idea, but I can't stop doing them!

Nathan Austin said...

It's not that I thought they were a bad idea -- just that I was curious re: the motive behind the mayhem.