Tuesday, April 10, 2007

One Hundred and Sixth Entry

I'm getting really into Chopped and Screwed DJ stuff lately, and I'm not sure if it's bad or good for me.

I'm really enjoying all the NaPoWriMo blogs and it takes up a fair part of my day just reading old and new ones. I'm starting a blogroll for them and I'll finish it tomorrow.

Here's my poem:

TELEPHONE

Borrowed a desk and went on the road,
it doesn’t drive well, up the hill is a pain
but we get the job done, quality is job one.
When I first foolishly stepped into the uniform
of a marine the air was blurry with its heat,
now my chest is all funny, breathing feels like
a crappy accordion, and I’ve quite lost
my taste for it.

These lesbians own a bar, they’ve spent
seventy-five thousand dollars on the jukebox
but it’s worthless, it almost never gets used.
My new headphones rule, thanks for buying them,
now my car drives are more miserable
because I have to think about the music
because my stereo’s broken. Still, nice of you
to think of me.

I tacked a piece of paper up on the cubicle.
Now it’s my cubicle, although some other dude
works in here when I don’t. I left burritos in the drawers
and glued the mouse to the desk and got fired.
Still, something new will saunter in around noon.

No comments: