Saturday, May 14, 2005

Third Entry

Yesterday had a magical quality to it, got up early to get lost in Tribeca (which always happens) looking for the loft of Anne Tardos, wife of the late Jackson Mac Low. Finding it, and climbing up six flights, left me hot and winded. Anne was immediately warm and kind-hearted. I've promised to be discreet about my internship, but I can say that the work we'll be doing is absolutely amazing. My friend Danielle BenVeniste is working for Anne as well. Danielle will be reading at the EARSHOT series this friday, hosted by the saucy Nicole Steinberg. Go check it out.

http://somechick.orangeoblivion.com/ludlow/earshot.html

I myself will be reading Sunday, June 5, 5-7 p.m at the FEAST series, hosted by Emily Gordon, who I've read with earlier this year and she is super-funny and talented. SO please come check me out, if you get a chance. Read about it at Emily's blog.
http://www.emdashes.blogspot.com/

Here's my poem:

FRITZ LANG
I fall asleep watching a Fritz Lang marathon in hour one of The Woman in the Mirror.
In my dream I murder a woman. I wake, walk outside and meet a beautiful blonde woman.
I kill her. I let go of her throat, seeing the red marks on her pale skin in the snow.
I lie in the snow and fall asleep. Fritz Lang meets me and tells me about making a movie.
He wants to call it ‘M,’ but I suggest the multicultural ‘Ch.’ Peter Lorre shows up.
Hello Peter Lorre. I’m Fritz Lang. Hello Peter Lorre. I’m Steve Roberts.
Peter Lorre tells us about a strange dream he had and is having. Fritz Lang falls asleep.
I fall asleep and have a dream about killing a woman and being chased by a cameraman.
The cameraman looks like Peter Lorre and is killed by Peter Lorre wielding a knife.
The cameraman falls down the stairs like in PSYCHO. Peter Lorre is played by Fritz Lang.
The end credits begin flowing from the bottom of the screen up like reverse blood.
The credits look like a beautiful blonde woman who chases me until I am killed.
I am killed when a huge brass bookend is bashed into my head. When I am killed I wake up.
When I fall asleep again I find myself naked in an ethereal Eden, paradise on Earth.
Eden is played by Peter Lorre. Peter Lorre is played by a beautiful blonde woman.
I kill Fritz Lang and run away until Eden picks me up and swallows me in two gulps.

No comments: