Saturday, May 14, 2005

Fifth Entry

A word here about the types of poems you will see here: I am writing mostly twenty line poems, which I've taken to calling Twenties recently (I found out Jackson Mac Low wrote Twenties and Forties, but I couldn't be further from him style-wise). In the Twenties, the second word of each line becomes the first word of the next line. The lines are long and this blog actually can't fit the lines, so they overlap and look kind of silly. Continuing the mass exodus from Chelsea to Bed-Stuy. I'm gonna feel a lot less nervous in a week.

Here's my poem:

FAVORITE FANZINE OF YOURS

Includes several pictures of the author doing his casual myspace pose.
Several times I put my marbles from Hungry Hungry Hippos in my mouth.
Times change and things on your face move around a little bit.
Change in my pocket is either valuable or worthless, I throw pennies in the trash.
In time Lincoln will have his own fanzine, with superimposed emo glasses.
Time till the end of the world is measured and said to be definitely a number.
Till the land, stuff will come out of it like squeezing greasy pores.
The land is like the skin of your fingers as they walk on your face like sweaty land.
Land on Normandy and no one will shoot at you. But I can’t guarantee it.
On my face is your face. Get off of there. I don’t want that.
My self is a term I use to describe my body combined with my ‘soul’ and other things.
Self-evident ends a famous sentence in the Constitution of the United States.
‘Evident’ begins this sentence: Evidently you won’t stop touching me.
Begins is a verb. Beguine is a form of song. I don’t think I can describe beguine to you.
‘Is’ is a verb. As in ‘Is you is or is you ain’t my baby?’
Is that a song you’re familiar with? Read my Screamin Jay Hawkins fanzine.
That Lincoln fanzine emo theme song is still in my head, but who wrote it?
Lincoln slept in the same bed with another man for several years, don’t read into it.
‘Slept’ is a verb. ‘With me’ is a prepositional phrase. But you never slept with me.
Is Lincoln’s myspace pose better than mine? I wish I had been the emo president.

No comments: