Monday, September 19, 2005

Twenty-Fourth Entry

Hay problemas!

Anybody got a room for rent in Carroll Gardens/Park Slope? I'm not picky at this point. I'd take axe murderers.

In honor of a poet I like and admire (Steve Caratzas) and his poetic brevity, here's a short poem.

Or rather a normal poem with short lines.

Here's my poem:

UNDER VARIOUS HOLLOW LAMPS
I stutter
spineless
non-quixotic
weariness
furrowed
squinting
peeled
eyes
filterless
lucky
dangling
opposed
to timidity
paranoidedly
glancing
pel-mel
distantly
morbid
at
backlit
venetians
contrasting
flailing
silhouetted
torsos.
I blink my response and crawl up the stairs to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve Caratzas said...

Wow! Thanks, Steve! I am quite honored.